All events depicted further took place 3 months before the date of publication of this article. Due to lack of spare time and because of laziness, this late post is merely a vague recollection of a past trip.
I’ve been told that my posts are too short. So I thought — let’s make this one even shorter.
- Arrive in Singapore. Early. Sleepwalking.
- Try to get to city center. Boarding the bus refused for having a coffee-to-go. Bastards.
- Big city. Futuristic buildings. Lots of startups. A workaholic’s heaven.
- Check-in at Footprints Hostel for 2 nights. Clean. Friendly staff.
- Bed in mixed dormitory with lots of Asians, all singing Coldplay songs. I knew Asians like karaoke but… wtf. Confusion.
- Visit at Night Safari. Meh.
- Mostly bored animals. Spotted hyenas, a.k.a. laughing hyenas — not so amused. Scary stare.
- Confusion cleared by friendly group of singing Asians: upcoming Coldplay concert in town.
- Visit at Marina Bay Sands. Nice view. Cool rooftop restaurant.
that greenery expoGardens by the Bay. Relaxing.
- Meet with a friend, Jennifer. She’s a chef here. Walking. Drinks in the park. See you next time, Jennifer!
- Morning. Slight hangover.
- Miss bus back to Malaysia.
- Another night at the hostel.
- Blank. Blank. Blank.
- Took bus to Mersing (Malaysia) and then ferry to Tioman Island.
- … to be continued in a future post.
Prices in Singapore
Visit to Marina Bay Sands Observation Deck (Skypark): S$23 / adult.
Visit to Night Safari: S$45 / adult, S$30 / child.
Visit to Gardens by the Bay: (access to Flower Dome and Cloud Forest): S$28 / adult, S$ 15 / child.
Next — I’m staying 6 days on a remote beach on Tioman island, Malaysia.