When accessing our Website, The Nomadic Year will learn certain information about you. How we will handle information we learn about you depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our pages, we collect and store only the following information about you:
The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
The date and time you access our site.
The Internet address of the website you used to link directly to our site.
If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message.
The information collected is for statistical purposes. The Nomadic Year may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, The Nomadic Year uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
The Nomadic Year will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
2. Disclosure Regarding Google Display Advertising
The Nomadic Year uses the AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. The Nomadic Year and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Website. This means that vendors including Google will display The Nomadic Year promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by going to the Google Analytics opt-out page.
3.1 What are cookies?
3.2 What are cookies used for?
- For marketing purposes for example, to display personalised banner
- To identify you as you travel around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly. For marketing purposes for example, to display personalised banners.
- You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. To learn how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that some cookies are essential in order to shop on the Website and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Website and may mean that you are unable to shop on the Website.
- At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information.
3.3 Are there different types of cookies?
We have classified our cookies into two different types; First and Third party cookies. First party cookies are the cookies that Debenhams set to offer you a fully functional experience when shopping our site. Third party cookies are set by our business partners such as Social Media and Adobe Flashplayer, which we use to display video content.
First party cookies
Third party cookies
We have tried to ensure that you our customers have full visibility of the cookies used on our website. Our website requires certain cookies to be enabled for you to be able to shop on Debenhams.com however if you would like to restrict or block cookies from this website you can use your browser to do so. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways so we recommend that you visit the Help section to learn how to set your preferences.
For further information about cookies and how to manage them visit www.allaboutcookies.org.